Sunday 22 November 2009

Anniversary of Grandad's Death

Today, the 22nd November is a year to the day that my grandad passed away. Who'd have known a year ago that it would be the last time that we would all see my grandad, that he would be taken away from us just in a split second?

They always say that time heals things like this but I don't really believe that that is the case - it just gives you more time to think of all the things you are missing out on and that's what I have been doing today. It hurts SO much to know that I can't go to my nanans and see my grandads face again, go shopping with him. I guess it's the little things that I miss the most.

It seems so unfair that all of the good people are always taken away whilst other nasty people are still walking the Earth. My grandad was the best, yes we had our differences but he always cheered me up and that helped a lot. I still don't get to this day why my grandad was takwen away from us - the only conclusion that I can come up with is that Heaven was looking for an Hero and that was my grandad. He was my hero and always will be.

I'd give anything just to see his face one last time to let him know how much I loved him. It hurts a lot knowing that I can't see him and also knowing that he'll not be able to watch me grow up, have children have my own one day and be the loving grandfather to them that he was to me.

I start my College Placements tomorrow. I'm working in a Care Home for 2 weeks with old people. I'm really looking forward to it - i'm just glad it wasn't today as I don't think i'd have been able to cope. Every little thing has made me upset. I'm hoping that the RSD will 'behave' for a change during the placements. I'm going to try my hardest and try and make my grandad as proud as he made me.

Love you forever and always grandad. Not a day goes by where I don't think about you and wish you were here with us. You were the best and no one could ever replace you. I know you don't like seeing me sad but it's hard to cope with all this at times! Forever in our hearts!!!

2 comments:

Alessea said...

Just keep remembering how proud of you he is, I bet he is looking down at you with such a smile of happiness on his face and telling everyone he meets about how special his Ali is.

I'm sorry I'm a few days late replying Ali but I was thinking about you and your family.

Hope your placement goes well, you learn a lot and also have a nice time with the people! We need to talk some time when you have a free few moments, but I know you are busy with life so it will happen sometime lol

Take care

Anonymous said...

Im really sorry for yop it was a sad day for me to it was my year aniversiry of my injury that caused my rsd. I lost my granmother about three years ago and now im ok with it my grandfathers even dating. its gunna take a while but you eill b ok youll always miss him but you wont cry everytime you hear about him.