Wednesday 11 March 2009

We've Been on Holiday!!!

As i'm sure some of you already know, we have just got back off holiday!!!! We went to Las Vegas on the 1st March for 5 days and had a good time!

The Plane Journey was really difficult and caused my leg to swell up a whole lot more than usual and my pain went up a lot also but we expected that anyhow as my Pain Management Doctor said that would probably happen due to the Cabin Pressure. It takes nearly 11 hours to get there so I was pretty uncomfortable on the plane due to the lack of legroom but I survived.

We saw lots of really impressive sights in Vegas. We went up the Eithell Tower which is really good - I just wish I was in a better mood as I was crying because my leg was hurting a lot, we went up the Stratosphere tower also which is amazing as you can see all of Vegas from there, to the Hoover Dam which was really interesting, into all of the hotels to do a bit of shopping, saw a magic show with pets in it that was really good, went on a few rides although we didn't go on that many as we had to be careful because of my RSD and also the Adventure Dome at one of the hotels was shut for maintainance and did a lot more!!!!

My dad doesn't really understand RSD which is really frustrating!! I had to sit down every 10 minutes or so because my leg was hurting and he just didn't understand and kept saying "Oh, it can't be that bad!!" or would accuse me of faking it - even though I had a really blue, swollen and rotated leg!!!! I really wish he would come and see my Doctor so that he could explain things better to him but he wont - he has only been to the hospital 3 times in the last 2 years or so that I have had RSD!!! My mum understands what RSD is thankfully as she has been there for me since day one and kept telling my dad that the pain IS bad but he still wouldn't believe her really.

Here are a few pictures from the holiday that I thought I would share with you all - I hope you like them!!

Photobucket

Me with my Juicy Couture Bag in Caesers Palace ... that was the only store we could afford anything out of as everything else was just too darn expensive!!

Photobucket

Me and my dad up the Stratosphere Tower on the last night of our holiday!!

Photobucket

Me with a giant M&M outside M&M World - that store is amazing, it has 4 floors of things all to do with M&M's and even it's own ride/simulator!

Photobucket

Me on a Lion!!!

Me Pretending to be on American Idol lol

Me singing on American Idol in Madame Thusaurds (a Wax Work Museum)

Photobucket

Me on American Idol again!!

Photobucket

My mum with Johnny Depp!!

Photobucket

Me with Zac Efron from High School Musical!!

Me Kissing Zac Efron - if only it was real!!!

Me kissing Zac Efron ... if only it was real !!!!

Me Driving Harley Davidson!!

Me on an Harley Davidson!!

Photobucket

Dolphin having it's Blood Pressure taken - that was pretty cool to watch!!

Dolphin Singing!

Dolphin Singing!!!

Photobucket

Dolphin Singing ... I love that picture!!

Photobucket

White tigers - the Zoo Keepers explained that these tigers have a pigment condition which is why they are white!

White Tiger!

White tiger again with tongue hung out - sooo cute!!!!

Photobucket

Leopard cub that I fell in love with!!

Photobucket

Leopard Cub playing with Keeper!!

Hoover Dam

Hoover Dam!!

Photobucket

Hoover Dam again!!

Fountains at Ballagio Hotel

Fountains outside Bollagio Hotel - they are really good to watch!!

Photobucket

Fountains again!

Photobucket

Fountain Display inside an Hotel!!

Photobucket

Me in Caesers Palace!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are really wonderful pictures!
Thank you for sharing them with us all.
It looks like you did have lots of fun, which is always a good thing!

As far as your dad not understanding what RSD is, does, or effects you....Have you tried to compare the pain to things he would know how it feels when those things happen to him??
You know, like hitting his thumb with the hammer instead of the nail....things like that.

If you need some ideas to use for comparisons drop me an email and I can send them to you.

Thanks Again for the sharing of your pictures...they are all wonderful!!

Blessings,
Coach Marla

Hayley Cafarella said...

So glad you had a great time despite your pain! You are braver than me, I think I would be too scared to get on the plane like this in the first place :)
Lovely photos, you are an inspiration! RSD shouldn't stop us going out and having a good time just cause it makes things harder, thanks for reminding me.
xoxo

Lisa Moon said...

Hi, Alison,
I'm so glad you were able to go on this trip! Sometimes I think just a real change of scenery can work wonders... and what a change!

How hard for you that your dad can't/won't understand it... perhaps his denial is because he's really afraid to believe that his little girl could be that hurt?

That's a tough attitude to take and I'm sorry that it's like that right now. Remember, though, that people do come around and hopefully he will soon realise that you need his support, too.

In the meantime, it sounds like your mum is wonderfully supportive, so I'm really happy for that. :)

Thanks for sharing your photos!

RSDsux said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments and for taking the time out to read my Blog - I really appreciate it!

I am paying for the Las Vegas trip now! I have been in bed every day since Monday with what I am guessing is the flu. I always seem to get ill when we come back off holiday and because I now have RSD, it has made things soo much worse!! I'm begining to feel a little better now but my leg is still in a huge pain flare (probably from the cabin pressure in the plane).

Thank you all for the ideas about my dad. I honestly don't know what his problem is! He can be VERY verbally abusive to my mum and will call her horrible names such as "fatty" because she is a little overweight and it really hurts her and makes her have no self confidence! I wish he would stop doing things like that but when I try and speak to him, all he says is that he is doing nothing wrong and that she needs "shocking" into losing some weight!!!!

I have tried to compare RSD pain to pain that he will understand but he still doesn't get it for some reason. He has only been to the hospital 2-3 times in the last 2 years that I have had RSD. I really wish he would go but he wont and always thinks of excuses like he is busy or has to go somewhere etc.

I am really lucky to have my mum, without her love and support, I honestly don't know where I would be right now!!

Thanks again everyone for your kind words - they mean a lot!!