Thursday 9 April 2009

Website That I Created For Kids In Pain!!!!

I haven't updated my blog for a short period of time as things have been pretty busy here but thought I would make a post about a website that I created for kids in pain as hopefully it will help some people!!

Since I have been diagnosed with RSD, I had always wanted to create a website especially for children and young people dealing with a chronic pain disorder! Throughout the 2 years that I have had RSD, I have had such a hard time trying to find teenagers to talk to that are going through a similar situation to me and I know many other young people have also.

This past weekend, I decided that I would have a go at setting the site up and it is now all up and running with it's own domain name!!! We were just going to create the site for young people with RSD but I know that there aren't that many so my mum came up with the idea to have it for kids dealing with any chronic pain condition and their families!!

The website has lots of information on all sorts of chronic pain conditions such as RSD, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis etc and even has it's very own forum where you can go and talk to others who are in a similar situation to yourself!!!

I hope that some of you will join the forum and try and get the word out about it so that hopefully, other teens wont have to deal with a chronic pain condition on their own!!

The link to the website is:

www.kidsinpain.co.uk

You will also find a section on there with the forum which you are more than welcome to join should you wish!!

The site still needs a lot of work doing to it but it is up and running and that is the main thing!

Please feel free to check it out and if you have any questions or feedback, please let me know!!

2 comments:

Alessea said...

I'm so so proud of you...never forget that <3

123 said...

Your blog has inspired me to create an account! I'm gonna check out your website right away! I have rnsd (the n stands for neurovascular so its the same as rsd) and it's nice to know that others feel the same way as me! thanks!
-Siarra S., 14yrs old, USA