Sunday 28 June 2009

Physio Appointment

I had an appointment with my Physio's on Wednesday which was the first appointment i'd had in over a month. I usually go every week but my Physio's father-in-law had suddenly passed away so she was off on berevement leave for quite some time.

I have been having a pretty rough time of it lately. I have been dealing with LOTS of pain in my knee, especially when I bend it and walk up and down stairs etc.

We told the Physio's about the knee pain and they took a good look at my knee. We had also started noticing some 'creaking' in my knee. It is really hard to describe how it feels but it literally feels as though someone has hidden some frogs in my knee cap as it croaks - weird, I know!

My Physio's felt my knee and couldn't believe the croaking I was getting in my knee! I think they were pretty fascinated with it to be honest as I don't think they had seen anything quite like it before.

They tried to get me to do some exercises to see how much movement I have in my knee but it was extremely painful. I was only told to bend my knee a little bit but got some pretty bad pain in it and then got a really bad spasm in my hip which was so bad that I started crying. The Physio's could obviously tell that I was in a lot of pain so decided to leave the session at that and did some talking with me and my mum.

They seem to think that I have some inflammation in my knee and that is why it creaks, even when I don't move it. The Neuro Physio thinks that I might have a condition called Femoral Patella which is something wrong with the Patella near the knee cap but I would need to see an Orthopaedic Doctor to get it diagnosed.

I have been told to increase my pain medications to try and help me through this flare as it's obvious that the pain is really getting to me as I have been pretty Depressed lately. I guess it is just getting to me that I can't do most things that any normal teenager can.

I also have an appointment to see my GP tomorrow to see if she has any input on the knee pain and see if she can do anything to help. I have to go and see my Physio's again on Wednesday and they are going to take another look at me then and then try and do something if things aren't any better. They did want to admit me into hospital a few weeks ago to do some inpatient physio with me but can't do it at the moment due to staffing issues and they also want to see if my knee settles down any before doing anything to it.

I'm hoping that we will get some answers from either my GP or Physio's sometime soon. The pain in my knee has really been limiting what I can and can't do and I have missed lots of school because of it.

It's a busy week for us this week. I have to go to college on Thursday to see about the Health and Social Care Course and then we are heading down to London on Friday to see Take That which should be fun!

Just want to thank everyone again for all of the help and support and for taking the time to read my blog - I really appreciate it!

3 comments:

pian said...

Just want you to know I always follow your blog.
I told you it's good to have a break from the pain once in a while to keep your mind off the pain.
Now you've got a knee problem, oh well.

SailLttleboat07 said...

I have devolped a knee issue as well- probably a compensating injury- but it is the same thing pettella femerol dysfunction or something like that.
Good Luck with it and nice to have an update about how you have been doing!
Looks like you had a great time at the concert a while back... we need those breaks and distractions

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

thanks for recently visiting my blog and entering my contest!

i hope u feel better =)

one of my fav blogs is called- Going Down Swinging: An RSD Blog
http://prefontaine44.blogspot.com/

You may enjoy it.