Sunday 21 December 2008

4 Days Until Christmas!!

Can you believe it is only 4 days until Christmas?!?! The time seems to be flying by at the moment and we still have some Christmas shopping to do for my Uncles but thankfully, it is nearly all finished and is all waiting to be wrapped up - yay!!

I have been in a pretty bad RSD flare for the last week or so. My leg is rotating out to the side more and more and my mum say's I am limping a lot more than usual when I try to walk anywhere. I was supposed to have had a Physio appointment this week but just didn't feel like going so we cancelled it - I don't think my Physio's were too pleased as the next appointment isn't until the end of January but at least I will get a break!! I haven't been sleeping well at all so I don't think that is helping as I have a lot on my mind and everytime I try to close my eyes, I have weird dreams!!

We went to my great-grandmas yesterday to take all of her Christmas presents down. We got her a bath-board for Christmas - I know it isn't very exciting but she is 87 and can't walk much so we thought it would help her. As soon as we took the present into her house,she started panicing as she didn't know what it was and kept begging us to tell her what it was, we tried ignoring her but in the end, my mum had to tell her as it was the only way to stop her from panicing. When we told her it was a bath board, she started yelling saying that she didn't want it and that she would give it to someone else!! It's so frustrating at times as she just wont accept she needs help and can be too stubborn for her own good - I love her to bits don't get me wrong, sometimes though we just feel as though everything we get her isn't appreciated as she always gives it away to someone else!!

I went to the Craft store yesterday and got something to make my nannan a card with. I started making the card last night - it took me 2 hours to make it but it is looking really nice!! It was SO hard making a card for just my nanan as i'm so used to making one for my grandad as well and I guess it hit home that this is the first Christmas without my grandad. I guess it's just something I will have to get used to even though I don't want to.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and that 2009 is a great year for us all!

4 comments:

Alessea said...

I'm am so proud of you, you have come so far and despite the pain, you made a beautiful card for your Nanan. I know she will understand how hard it was to get through that and be able to make one for her.

I'm sorry your great-grandma wasn't very receptive of your present for her, maybe she will get used to the idea and give it a try, I would love to have a bath board lol, then I could sit in the shower! I wonder what she would say if she heard me say that!

I hope you get some more restful sleep before Christmas so you are able to enjoy the day with your family. Sending lots of love oxox

Alessea said...

Oh I forgot to say about your rsd flair...I'm hoping that once the mayhem of Christmas is over you will not have so much to do and be able to relax more and then your pain will calm down a bit. You have some time before your next physio appointment so I hope between now and then you feel a bit better but at least you dont have the stress of going there now while you feel really bad. As long as you continue to keep moving as much as you can and do as many of your exercises you can manage, that is all anyone can expect from you.

RSDsux said...

Thank you so much Felicia for your kind words, I really appreciate them ((hugs)).

I took the card round to my nanans yesterday and she loved it and has put it up. She keeps showing everyone it and saying that I made it lol. I am so glad she liked it -it took a bit longer than I expected it to with the RSD in my arm but I got there!!

I'm hoping that my great-grandma will start using the bath board real soon and that in time, she will accept that she needs help. One of mine and my mums biggest fears is that she falls and breaks her hip whilst trying to do something - she can hardly walk as it is at the moment but she wont admit that she can't and says that she is fine. She's fallen in the house a few times and bumped her head and my Uncle (her son) went to see her one day and she had blood running down her face and didn't even know what she had done!! I do understand how she feels though as I know when I developed RSD, I wouldn't admit to anyone that I needed help and it took a while for me to realise and accept that I did.

I hope you are doing OK and I am thinking about you!
Merry Christmas!!

aseniorcitizen said...

Dear young lady.

As a husband of a much older lady who has suffered CRPS for over 10 years, may I wish you as pain free a Christams as may be possible.

If you feel words of comfort may help perhaps I shall write more in the New Year.

My heart goes out to you and your family for the Christmas period.

Best wishes

Aseniorcitizen