Friday 26 December 2008

Merry Christmas Everybody!!

I would just like to take this time to wish all of my fellow Blog Readers a very Merry Christmas and I hope you all got everything you wished for and that you had fun with your friends and family and got to create many happy memories that you will be able to treasure forever. Thank You all so much for taking the time out to read my blog and to comment - I truly appreciate it and know a lot of the time, I ramble but it really helps me to be able to get my feelings out and I love reading all of the comments from people! I hope that 2009 is a great year for you all and that you are blessed in every way imaginable!!

This Christmas was pretty tough for us this year as it is the first Christmas without my grandad and we all miss him SO much! Christmas just isn't the same without him; he was always the one that would buy us all little novelty gifts and would ALWAYS have to have the best Christmas trimmings on the street - he loved Christmas and spending time with his friends and family!

I got lots really good presents. My mum and dad got me an IPhone which I have wanted for absolutely ages but never been able to afford! I absolutely love it and haven't put it down since I got it yesterday morning!! I also got lots of lovely designer clothes and shoes that will be comfortable for my RSD leg, a new handbag, Me-to-You teddy bears, Chocolates, Skin Care and Make-up and so much more!! I also have quite a bit of money from my nanan and uncles so we are going to the Christmas Sales today to see if we can get anything!!

We had a nice Christmas dinner yesterday. We didn't have Turkey has non of us really like it so we had Chicken instead and it was lovely. My mum also made a Chocolate Cake for desert that was so delicious!!

We also went and spent some time with my grandma to make sure she was OK. She said she was fine but she was really quiet which isn't like her - I think it's hit her really hard with it being the first Christmas without my grandad. We spent about 4 hours with her and she loved the presents that we got her - we got her some shoes and a book and are going to take her for a vacum cleaner when she has picked one she wants. My Uncle has asked her to go for a meal with him tomorrow so that should be nice for her as it will get her out of the house for a bit - he also wants her to go to stay with him for a week for the New Year but I don't think she wants to go as she feels it is too soon at the moment and doesn't really want to leave home.

I miss my grandad SO much but I know that life has to go on somehow, even though it is extremely difficult to do so. I know my grandad would want us all to try and have some fun as he loved Christmas so that is what we are going to try and do and I also know he will be looking down on us and will never leave our side, even though we can't see or talk to him in person unfortunately.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and I wish you all a Very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Lisa Moon said...

Merry Christmas to you, Alison!

I'm glad you received such lovely gifts - especially shoes that will work for your crps leg - I KNOW how hard those are to come by as I virtually live in those 'croc' type of holey, foamy-soft clogs. Luckily they became sort of trendy here, so I don't feel too silly most of the time!

Wow, an iPhone! How much fun that must be!

I think you're quite right about your grandad; I believe that when people move on from this life that we keep a part of them with us. Some call it guardian angels, some say they are watching over us from heaven. I don't know how best to say it, but I know for sure that he lives on in your heart, the best place to keep his memory, I'm sure.

Glad to hear you're spending time with your nanan, too. It must be sad and lonely to have lost her partner of so many years. Indeed it will be a time of difficult change for her. I'm glad you sound like such loving, caring family for her.

I look forward to a wonderful 2009 for all of us! I think there are big things coming this year and that it will be a great one for all!

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Much love and friendship,

Lisa