Tuesday 3 February 2009

I Have Seriously Had Enough Snow Now!!

I have seriously had enough snow now!!!!! The UK is currently having the worst snow storms in over 18 years and it is horrible; all of the roads are blocked, cars are going skidding everywhere, schools are closed and my mum has had to have time off work for 2 days now!! I was supposed to have had a Physiotherapy appointment today but had to cancel it as it is horrible near where we live and around the hospital grounds!!

It was my Birthday yesterday - I have just turned 14 and I can't believe it ... it only seems like 2 minutes ago that I was 10!! We were going to go out with my family for a Birthday meal but couldn't get because of all of the snow and black ice that is on the roads!! They have been and supposidly "gritted" the roads but it certainly doesn't look like they have done a good job!!

I did have a nice Birthday all in all though, I got to spend lots of quality time with my mum and got lots of lovely presents and money! A very big thank you to Felicia for sending me a present ... you really shouldn't have Felicia!

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so that we are able to go for my meal - the weather has really affected my leg!! Me and my mum are going to see the Pussy Cat Dolls on Thursday for a late Birthday treat so that should be fun if we are able to go ... I have seen them live before and they were excellent!!!!

I hope you're all doing OK and thanks for reading my rant!

2 comments:

Lisa Moon said...

Oh, Happy Belated Birthday, Alison! I hope you'll have a wonderful time and that pesky snow shoves off promptly! How rude!

We also had our share this winter, where we usually get next to none or none at all! NOT good for us who have extra trouble getting about, right?!

Enjoy the time with your mum and appreciating your gifts.

Do let us know how the show is!

(((((Alison)))) << giant birthday hugs!

Lisa

Gill Pyrah said...

Thanks very much for your lovly comment on my blog. Happy birthay for the other day. I live in Lincoln If you would like to get in touch with me and talk , please send me a email from my blog and I will get back to you love Gill