Sunday 9 November 2008

Grrrr, Pain Flare


Grrrr, I am in a pain flare at the moment!! I'm not sure what the heck has caused this flare but I suspect it is a delayed reaction from when my Physio's and Orthotic Doctor was manipulating my leg, trying to get it to go into the splint.

Friday night, I was sat down on the couch when all of a sudden, a huge, sharp pain came in my hip. It was so bad that I was crying in pain. What made it worse I think was the fact that I don't normally have any pain in my hip, the pain is just to my knee and also I didn't get any warning what so ever, it just came on straight away. My mum gave me some Ketamine to see if that would help but even that didn't work and it didn't even make me all giddy like it did the first time. When my pain gets too much, I pass out which is, according to my doctor, my bodies way of trying to cope with the pain. I have passed out a few times this afternoon and it is a scary feeling.

The pain in my hip feels has though my muscles are cramping a lot. My mum massaged the area that is tender yesterday and she said it felt like there was a lot of "knots" in it. I'm not sure if it's the RSD spreading up my leg or what, all I know is it hurts a whole lot!!

Hopefully it will be better for tomorrow, if it doesn't I am going to speak to my PM Doctor and see if he can suggest anything.

Pain, Pain, Go away.....

2 comments:

Lisa Moon said...

Ohh, dear. I wish there was something of comfort I could offer. I'm kind of in the same boat, with pain that might have spread but am unsure...

I have pain in my hip, too, but I often feel that it is less the CRPS/RSD spreading and more my hip aching from limping/trying to lessen the load on that side, compensating for the pain. Does that sound true for you, too?

I almost wish there were time I would just pass out; perhaps I could miss some of the pain? I have had many, many times when I've been very nauseated from the pain, as though I'm about to be ill and it is VERY unpleasant to say the least.

BTW, every time I would be examined by my doctor when he was trying to determine what was wrong with me, it would hurt a bit at the time, AND then I'd be guaranteed to hurt a LOT for up to a few days afterward.

Often I wish there were doctors around more often to witness those pain flares, the passing out, the screech of pain when you get one of those stabbing sensations...

I'll be thinking of you, wishing you a speedy end to this nasty flare.

Gentle hugs,

L

RSDsux said...

Thank you so much Lisa for your kind words ((hugs)).

I'm sorry that you have pain in your hip also. The way you described it was exactly how it was over the weekend but today it is more of an RSD, burning pain - ugh!

When I pass out, I don't pass out for very long, it is just for a few seconds. My PM says that is my bodies way of "coping" with the pain. It is a VERY scary feeling, especially if that happens out in public.

I think this pain flare could, but i'm not sure, be a delayed reacting from when my Physio's were trying to get my leg to go into the splint. I just hope that it will settle down soon...

Thanks again for taking the time to comment and read my blog!!