Thursday 13 November 2008

School and Home Life

It's my day off from school again today. I am so glad because whilst I love the School, I really need time to relax and "recover" from the previous day.

Yesterday at School we did some Science and Maths work. In Science we are learning about the Digestive System which is really interesting. I did some work on it with my home tutor so I understand some of it already. In Maths we did some work on Percentages. I am rubbish at Maths to be honest because I suffer from Dyspraxia which affects my ability to work with numbers and affects my co-ordination. It is pretty stressful at times has I feel like I am hopeless but at least I know there's a reason why I can't do it. A lady also came in from Connexions to talk about Careers, she was asking what I want to be when I am older and I told her that I wanted to be a Psychologist and help people in chronic pain like myself and she said that I would need to take English and Social Studies. She was really nice and said that I would be a good Psychologist has I know first hand what it is like living in chronic pain. Some of the children are going to a College near where we live next Wednesday, I was allowed to go but I am unable to attend unfortunately has I have to go to my Physiotherapy appointment.

I had a good long chat with a girl at the centre, she is really nice and shares a lot of the same hobbies has me. She gave me her email address and we have been IM'ing eachother today. It's really nice talking to someone who doesn't judge me for a change.

After I got home from the School centre yesterday, I went to my grandparents has the builders were in our house and I couldn't get in. I finally think that my grandparents are understanding what RSD is has they actually asked how I was doing for a change. I had to show my grandad how to send an email has he doesn't know how to do that, it was a nightmare but he got there in the end and has been emailing me ever since!! It's quite good has hopefully I will be able to keep him updated on how I am doing without going to see him if I don't want to. Things will never be like they were with them has they have hurt me too much but I DO think we might be finally getting somewhere. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though has I don't want to be let down once again.

My mum came and picked me up from their house when she got in from work and we went to the store, Asda to do a bit of shopping. I couldn't walk around so just went and had a look at the clothes and then went straight back to the car. They had some really nice fashionable clothes that I looked and I got some PJ's which are nice. They look like a tracsuit but are PJ's so I will be able to lounge around the house in them if I want to.

I'm not feeling too good today. The weather is absolutely horrid (it hasn't stopped raining all day) so I don't think that is helping with the pain at all.

I am going to go and lay down so hopefully I will feel better for tomorrow....

No comments: