Tuesday 11 November 2008

Update: Wednesday

Today is my day off from School so I am able to get a rest. We have decided that it is best if I just go to the School centre, Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's, so that I will be able to get a break inbetween and hopefully allow my body time to recover.

Yesterday was a very busy day!! I went to the School Centre for 8.45am. A teacher was supposed to have been coming in to help us with our confidence but she had come down with the flu so wasn't able to come - she is coming next Monday instead. The teachers at the school gave me a load of sheets to fill in and I had to answers questions like, Why aren't you able to go to School, Who do you trust and who don't you trust etc. The teachers wanted me to fill out the form so that they had an idea of what they need to work on with me. After I filled in literally 50 sheets, we went for a break and had tea and toast, which was nice!! After break, the teachers asked me to write a story about an event that has happened in my life. Of course, I decided to do mine about the day I developed RSD, it was really hard trying to remember everything that happened and a bit upsetting but I got there in the end and the teacher was very pleased with my work!!

Monday's at the centre is PE day so all of the children that are able to do PE went into the gym and played fast cricket. Me and another girl who has ME, worked with the teachers and did an ECDL course on the internet. ECDL stands for European Computers Driving License and is a test that you do on the computer and at the end of it you get a certificate and it is a recognised qualification that many employees ask for. A lady is coming in next Tuesday to start the ECDL course with us.

When I got home, around 1.30pm, I went and had a rest for an hour or so and then decided to go on the computer. The builders that are currently working in the house, had to turn the electric off but never warned me. I ended up having to struggle round to my nanans to call my mum and let her know. My grandparents only live about 2 minutes away but the walking almost killed me!! When I eventually got into their house, my nanan said she thought I was going to collapse!!! My nanan and grandad don't really understand so I must have looked bad for them to say that.

I stayed about 3 hours at my grandparents house, I did want to go back home but decided to wait for my mum to come and pick me up in the car rather than struggle any more. I made some cards with my grandad which was VERY hard one handed but I managed!! I used to make cards all the time but either don't feel well enough to make any now or just don't get the time because of other commitments.

My mum came and picked me up on her way in from work and took me back round home. We had about 20 minutes in the house and then my mum decided that she had to go to the pet store for some food for our dog, Jack. I decided to go with her but didn't go to the end of the store has it would have been waaaay too far for me.

We then went and ordered a take-away and had that around 8pm. After I had my supper, I decided to go and get changed into my PJ's. I asked my mum to pull the Ugg Boots off my RSD leg but she couldn't, my leg was stuck in them!! It took us 1 whole hour to get the boots off. My mum wont allow me to wear them again now but they are so comfy, apart from when I try to get them off which is another story altogether!! When we eventually got the boot off, my mum noticed that my foot had swollen a lot more than usual so that was why I couldn't get them off!!! Needless to say, my pain was REALLY high after that!!!

It was a long and eventful day and I am so ready for my rest today!! ...

1 comment:

Lisa Moon said...

I'm so pleased that your new school sounds so positive and accomodating! I really like that they consider things like self-esteem as, in my humble opinion, a lot of the crap they teach you in school is... well, just that! But working on selt-esteem and confidence is something that will benefit you in all aspects of your life and raises your chances of pursuing further education. And isn't that the point of school in the first place?

Sorry to hear your Uggs got stuck. :( I've a pair of fake Ugg-style boots that are quite comfy but most of the time I wear these shoes that are quite popular where I live. The most well known brand is called Crocs; they were originally used as gardening clogs but in the often-wet climate where I live, they come in handy! They are made from a foamy material which is very cushiony against my CRPS/RSD foot. And yep, sometimes I've swollen up inside them, but only enough to leave the imprint of the texture on my foot, not stuck like the boots!

Regarding your nanan: perhaps they are just the sort of people who refuse to believe until they see something. Sounds like today she SAW how strained you were. I'm sorry that they are unable to support you. It must be incredibly hard for you as we all know how much we need support from everywhere we can get it!

It's not of any comfort to tell you my own mum doesn't understand, either. It's not that she doesn't believe me, it's just that... well, I think she's not um, totally 'healthy' mentally and can't quite grasp how serious this is. It would fill books to explain my relationship, or lack thereof, with my mum and I will not attempt to here. I just wanted you to know I DO have some understanding of how hurtful it is to not have your family understand and support you when you so need it.

It DOES sound like your mum is wonderful and I'm glad you have her to help you through this.

Please remember, I'm here if you ever want to talk, ok? I might have a different point of view, since I actually have a son that's older than you - but when I read your posts I have to remind myself that you're young, since as I've mentioned before, you write so well. Um, my point was that I can both listen as a friend who has CRPS/RSD and also as a mum, which might be an interesting combination!

Hugs, luv (my mum always calls me luv; I find it soothing somehow, hope you do, too).
Lisa