Wednesday 12 November 2008

I think my grandparents are Finally getting it!!!

Yes, you heard that correctly!! I think my grandparents are finally realising that I AM ill and that I need some extra help and to hear some comforting words.

I went to see them again today, it was paticulary buy choice but I had to has the builders are in our house and I couldn't get in after I got back from the School Centre. The first thing my grandma said to me when I walked through the door was, "How are you, you don't look too well?". I told her that I wasn't feeling too well and was really tired has I hadn't slept properly and she told me to sit down and rest and made me some tea. Before today, it was a real nightmare trying to get them to understand and they wouldn't show any interest in my illness what-so-ever but today I actually felt like they cared and wanted to hear how I was. My nanan told me that I need to tell them exactly how I feel rather than trying to protect them from everything, which was nice.

I think that me struggeling round to see them on Monday did help, it didn't help my pain but I do think it made them realise that I can hardly walk short distances and made them understand why I need to use the extension.

I really hope that they are going to start understanding from now on as it would make things so much easier knowing that someone in my family, other than my mum is there for me when I need to just let things out.

Things will never be the same has they were before RSD has they have hurt me too much for me to be able to trust them but I do think they are finally starting to understand somewhat.

A big thanks also to Felicia for writing the letter to my grandparents, I really think that helped also, even though they wont admit to it.

3 comments:

Lisa Moon said...

Oh, that is such encouraging new! Grandparents can seem old and set in their ways, but it sounds like they do care... I hope they are more understanding for your sake. If they lose out on a relationship with you, they will be the ones to lose out on such a lovely young woman, who is clearly strong and brave and sweet.

Keep your chin up! And when you need to let it out, know you can always write exactly how you're feeling here...

Alessea said...

I'm so glad you are starting to see the fruits of your hard work. Let things grow slowly and carefully and maybe in time the old wounds will heal, it hasn't been easy for you but I'm hoping that you are in for some much better times ahead.

I want to dance and twirl because of that news, I'm just so happy and hopeful for you!

Take care sweetie

RSDsux said...

Thank you so much Lisa and Felicia for your kind words and support ((hugs)). Like I said, things will never be the same has they were with me and my grandparents has they have hurt me too much but I feel has though I am getting somewhere with them.

I am going to take things really slowly and hope that, with time, they will start to understand even more.

Thanks again.