Monday 27 October 2008

Family Argument

We had a family argument last night. We have been having a lot of issues for about 18months now trying to get my grandparents to understand what RSD is and show that they actually care.

I wasn't involved in the argument thankfully, but it was about me. My dad went to go and see my grandma and grandad (his mum and dad) last night and he said all they talked about was their friends and the rest of our family. It took my grandparents half an hour to ask how I was and my dad said "Oh, eventually you do ask how Alison is!!" My nanan said "Well, what can we do to help, there's nothing we can do" so my dad turned round and said to her "It doesn't hurt you to call and see how she is, you know that she is in a major flare and have never once asked how she is", my nanan then made some sarcastic comment so my dad walked out of the house and slammed the door!!

When my dad got home, he was so mad with them. I knew he was upset but never thought he would say anything to their face, he is like me, it takes him ages to say something to someone. I have mixed feelings at the moment, half of me is sad that it had to come to that but the other half of me is relieved that my grandparents now know that I am upset with the way they have been treating me.

The ball is in their court now, it's up to them to get in touch with me. If they don't get in touch at least I will know where I stand.

It is so awful that this monster of an illness can destry families like this. Me and my grandparents used to be sooo close and now look at us ....

2 comments:

Alessea said...

I cant believe we tried so hard and they still didn't get it...I spelled it out just how easy it was for them to give you the support you need and they still don't seem to understand.

I'm so sorry for your whole family how hard this is...I have one more idea but honestly I dont even want to suggest it as what if it goes wrong too.

I know its no consolation but we all love you.

RSDsux said...

Thanks so much Felicia for your kind words (((HUGS)))

Please don't feel like this is your fault, the letter that you wrote to them was beautiful and if that didn't make them understand I honestly don't know what will.

Some people will never understand and I guess I just have to learn to deal with it...

Love you