Monday 6 October 2008

What is it with Some People?


What is it with some people that no matter how hard you try, it still isn't good enough?!?!

As most of you know myself and Wendy (a really good friend of mine with RSD) run a forum together called 'RSD Friends' along with several other RSD'ers. We have tried our very best to make the forum as safe and relaxing as possible but today I got a REALLY abusive message from a member of the forum. I had emailed this member as myself and Wendy had noticed that she spent a lot of time "lurking" on the forum but didn't actually contribute or make any posts. I therefore emailed her and told her to either stay posting or she would be banned from the forum, I didn't say anything nasty what so ever. Within about 10 minutes of me sending the email, guess what? A message appeared on the forum from this member! At first I thought, Oh good, she is finally deciding to post but then when I went and read the message she had written I was absolutely appauled by what she said!! Let's just say that there was a LOT of swearing in the message, nearly every other sentence had nasty words in it. This person knew for a fact that I was a teenager but said that I thought that I was f**king God and I thought I was so clever and this that and the other just because I run my own forum!! I in NO way think I am God, I am just simply trying to help others with RSD, what is wrong with that?

It's like no matter how hard you try, it still isn't good enough. If it wasn't for me, my mum, Wendy and Barb no one with RSD would have a forum to go to!! I am seriously thinking about whether to say "I have had enough" and just leave it. No matter how hard we try it still isn't good enough...

2 comments:

Alessea said...

Those are the people to forget honey...I hope you remember that you do it because there are a few of us who really do appreciate what you do and I like to think that you do it cos you love us <3 and cos we love you.

Dont let other get you down there is plenty in our lives that does that already you dont need anymore.

But dont ever feel obliged to keep going just for us...you need to think of yourself every once in a while!

Take care!

RSDsux said...

Thank you ever so much Felicia ((hugs)). People like you truly make all of my hard work worth while. It's just when someone says something like that about you, you wonder why you even bother trying to help!! I don't think some people reaise how much work goes into that forum to get it running smoothly and that I spend a lot of time trying to work on the forum whilst coping with school, hospital appointments, constant pain etc. I am trying not to let what happened yesterday stress me out too much as I know that stress isn't good for RSD and I didn't sleep last night due to worrying.
Thank you ever soooo much for everything sweetie, people like you truly do make everything worthwhile - you're an absolute angel!
Love, Ali