Friday 31 October 2008

Ketamine

When I saw my Pain Management Doctor on Wednesday, he prescribed me enough Ketamine to last about 7 days to see if I got any pain relief from it.

I took my first Ketamine last night because the pain in my leg and arm was really bad, probably because of the bad weather that we are having at the moment. I took 30mg of Ketamine which is the dose my Doctor suggested.

Within about half an hour of me taking the Ketamine, I felt really funny, as though I was really drunk (i've never been drunk but that is the closest thing I can relate it to). I was laughing at every single thing, even though it probably wasn't funny!! The Ketamine took my pain from an 8 and half on the pain scale to about a 6, the oral Ketamine doesn't work as well as the epidural but I am thankful I got some much needed relief, even though I had the strange side effects!!

It was kinda scary because I knew what I was doing but couldn't control myself or stop myself from doing it. My Doctor said that Ketamine works in a similar way to the Date Rape drug and I guess he is right!!

Hopefully the next time I take the Ketamine I wont have those side effects has I think I was driving my mum a bit mad!

No comments: