Saturday 4 October 2008

Return Back To School


On Wednesday (the 1st October), I returned back to School!! I haven't been able to go to school for almost 2 years due to my RSD, Hospital Appointments etc etc. At the moment I am only going to school for the first 2 lessons of the day as I get tired VERY easily and when my pain gets too much, I have difficulties concentrating and forget things a lot.

The transition back into School went mostly OK. Because I need additional Support, I have been dropped down to Set 3 (the middle set) in English and the other Chore subjects where I should be in Set 1 (the top set). The Science set that I was put into was VERY mad, all the other kids seemed to do was run around, shout, fight, scream etc etc. My mum spoke to my teachers about it as the noise was sending my pain levels off the scale and it was just too much for me! Thankfully my teachers agreed to swap me into another Science Set, the Science class that I am now in is sooooo much better and a LOT less noisy! I had forgotten just how noisy school is!!!

On Thursday, I went into Form (that is where we have to go to get our mark) and there was no seats left, the only seat that was left was next to my "friend". My Form Teacher asked my "friend" if I could sit next to her so that I could take some pressure off my leg as it was getting really painful and my "friend" replied "NO SHE CAN NOT SIT NEXT TO ME!!", I couldn't believe it when she said that and it upset me!! This "friend" of mine is somehow jealous of the treatment I am recieving, she thinks that she has RSD and when I was first diagnosed with RSD she would come to me and ask what the symptoms were, she would then go to her mum and say that she had the same symptoms as me!! She even went to see my Pain Management Doctor who said that she didn't have RSD and that she should stop faking it!! She says that she has RSD in her right knee, arm, back and teeth but yet she goes running around at school!! Who needs enemies when you have friends like her?!?! I am trying not to let what she said get to me as she isn't worth the time of day, the only thing that worries me is that she is one of those people who could cause a lot of trouble for you if she wanted to.

Most of my other friends are being OK thankfully although I do get the odd few who aren't interested and want to go and do their own things that I cannot possibly do. The thing that annoys me is those people that say "What is the matter with you? Why are you on Crutches? Why's your leg so badly rotated and why does it shake so much?!!" I know I had to expect that!!

Yesterday I had a Maths test and it was really hard! Half of the questions that I had to answer I didn't know anything about as I have missed so much school. I tried my best though so that is all that matters. My teacher said that they would take into acount that I have been off school for a long time anyhow. Because I have Dyspraxia, I have a lot of problems with Maths and need additional support and someone to help me.

After Break yesterday, I stayed for an extra lesson and watched the Shakespeare Play 'Romeo And Juliet', it was really good!! A Drama company had come into school to perform it for the whole of my Year Group. It was great has they had put a twist in the story and it had a lot more modern music.

I saw my Home Tutor yesterday after school as I have soooo much homework to do which is stressing me out!! I like my tutor has he is more of a friend than a teacher!! He is going to come again next week to help me with any homework I may have.

Here's hoping that I survive the next week in school!! My tutor said that I may have got by last week on adrenaline and that next week might be harder - I hope it isn't, I certainly don't need that!!

No comments: